French Health Insurance

Battle Tested Health Insurance For Your Visa Application

Are you planning on a permanent move to France?

If you intend to be around more than 90 days per year or for residency purposes, you’ll need to have a VISA. Whatever you need a VLS-TS or VLS-T visa you’ll probably need private medical insurance.

Finding the right medical insurance will make or break your visa application so don’t overlook this.

Technically, Private Health Insurance (PHI) is like travel insurance except that travel insurance is limited to emergency cover. PHI can cover routine medicine, tests and treatments, and sometimes existing conditions.

A PHI will be required for a residency application and/or a visa. That policy also needs to include public liability and repatriation and there is a minimum amount it should cover for medical expenses.

PHI is somewhat identical to the combined cover provided by both the French social security and a mutuelle (top- up health insurance) but, for the mutuelle, you have to have a French social security number although you’ll see that mutuelles don’t require a medical questionnaire which means no possible exclusions.

We will also advice the exact plan that will meet the expectations of the various governmental bodies.

We can usually weave our magic, even difficult insurance cases!

Content provided by: Healey Fox Ltd partner insurance broker, licensed and registered in France.

Error: Contact form not found.

Compare Listings